Super Mario 3D World Sees Lowest Debut Sales For A 3D Mario Game In Japan
This week’s Media Create sales revealed that Super Mario 3D World sold just under 100k, whereas Famitsu sales recorded just under 107k. Despite glowing reviews from the critics, the game has seen the lowest debut sales for a 3D Mario game on Nintendo’s consoles.
However, there are some positives to glean from this information as the Wii U has, at the moment, a low install base, plus Super Mario 3D World should continuously sell well on the system. Here’s a comparison to previous 3D Mario games and their first week sales – asterisked titles equates to a launch game and figures in parentheses are total game sales to date.
1) Super Mario 3D Land – 344,698 (1,861,023)
2) Super Mario Galaxy 2 – 337,569 (1,032,853)
3) Super Mario Sunshine – 280,610 (789,989)
4) Super Mario Galaxy – 256,341 (1,025,664)
5) Super Mario 64* – 162,113 (1,639,914)
6) Super Mario 64…
View original post 11 more words